Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm

We had a bad ice storm here beginning Monday night January 26, 2009. Tree limbs were breaking from the weight of the ice as well as huge trees falling completely over from the ice. It sounded like a war outside. We lost power at about 11:00 am Tuesday morning. It stayed off until 11:30 pm Saturday night. We spent Tuesay night at home, with no heat or hot water. It was a VERY cold night. The next day we decided to find a hotel, which was no easy task. The rest of Northwest Arkansas was looking for hotel rooms as well. We finally found one. At first we had tried to stay in Springdale, but I started having contractions and ended up in Rogers, going into the hospital to be monitored, so fortunately, we found a hotel across from the hospital. I wanted to be close to the hospital incase our new baby arrived during this time. Fortunately, my contractions stopped. I had dialated to 1 and a half and was 50% effaced. I am so glad this baby didn't come at a time when we had no warm home to bring her to. Being without electricity made us really appreciate all that we take for granted.

Trees and tree limbs that had fallen were everywhere.




No comments: