Friday, June 3, 2011

Ava's first swim lessons

Ava went to the Swim Ranch this week for the first time. She absolutely LOVED it!! She is fearless and will try anything (this is good and bad). She caught on very quickly. She smiled and did a great job all week. On the last day, Mark came to watch and Ava decided to cry for Daddy. She didn't do that at all, the rest of the week. I kept having to tell her that Daddy was going to have to leave if she cried. She would stop, do the skill she was supposed to do and then try and cry for daddy again. I would remind her that daddy would have to leave and she would stop. She did this many times. Her favorite part of swim lessons was the cookie she got at the end of the day. :)Sophie liked watching Ava at swim lessons. She came to watch on Friday and I think it made Sophie feel really big to be the one watching the "swim babies".
My little ham, I was asking her to smile and this is what I got.

She loved "Tommy the Turtle" and kept saying "me, me, me!" until it was her turn.

Floating on her back. She had good airplane arms.


Ava was really good at climbing out. She has always been a good climber.


1..2..3..splash!!


Ava and Coach Kim with Ava's Certificate. Notice one of her skills she successfully completed was "Cookie Jar" :)

No comments: