Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Surprise!! Baby number 4 is on his/her way!

Yes, you read the title correctly. We are expecting a baby on March 4, 2009. I am 14 weeks pregnant and we went to the doctor today and heard the heartbeat again. We hope it is safe to tell everyone our news. After 6 miscarriages, we've learned to WAIT to tell this kind of news. At 5 weeks pregnant we had 2 hcg tests done to see if the pregnancy was viable. The results showed the pregnancy was viable, but we had to wait until 8 weeks to have an ultrasound done so that we could "see" the heartbeat. We saw that little heart beating away. But, due to my history, we decided (at Mark's urging) to wait until we heard the heartbeat again...at the next appointment (today's appointment at 13 weeks, 6 days). Well, the first nurse today could not find a heartbeat. She left to go find Dr. Addington's regular nurse and Mark and I had to sit there and wait, and wait, and wait. I was preparing to hear, again, that there was no heartbeat. But, when Dr. Addington's nurse came in, she was able to find the heartbeat right away. We were very relieved. We told the kids tonight that we are expecting and they were SOOOOO excited. Drake thought we were joking and kept saying "Are you joking?". Then he said "I'm still the oldest!". He is also hoping it is not another brother. He really wants another sister. Cooper's first words were "I prayed for a baby." He also suggested that we name the baby Luke Skywalker Dossett. Sophie immediately went and got one of her dolls and rocked it and said she would sing to the baby like this, and then she began singing to the doll. Mark told the kids they were all going to have to help take care of the baby and Sophie said, very emphatically, "No Toopie, No Dake, and No Daddy take care of baby. Just Mommy and Sophie!!!". So, I think she may be a little possessive of the baby.

Yes, I know I am old and yes, I have felt worse this pregnancy than with any of my other pregnancies. Yes, we are out of our minds, but we are all excited. I can't even begin to imagine the chaos that is to become of the Dossett house!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not old

Christy Murphy said...

I am so happy for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Drummondsfamily said...

Congrats on Baby #4... and, YOU ARE NOT TOO OLD! You maybe be very busy though and you will have your hands full... 2 kids/hand... now that is a lot! Seriously, we love the blog site and are very happy for your clan! Best Wishes... Drummonds

Hutchinson Family said...

What awesome, surprising news to find out! I just happened to come by to see if you had anything new on your blog and WOW! Randy and I are thrilled for you... YOU ARE NOT OLD! And this baby will keep you young for many years to come!
Sounds like you will have lots of 'help' from Sophie! LOL
Keep me posted!
Cynthia