Yesterday, Mark and I drove to Springfield, MO so that I could have an amnio done to check the baby. The amnio hurt more this time than the one I had when pregnant with Sophie. When the doctor stuck the needle into my stomach, the baby reached up over it's head and tried to grab the needle. They told me to get my roller skates ready because this was one VERY active baby. They made a guess at what they think the sex of the baby is, but we are going to wait and tell everyone on Thursday. The preliminary results of the amnio are supposed to be in on Thursday, and we will know the results of the Down's Syndrome test, another genetic test and the sex. So, on Thursday I will post those results. They did a very thorough ultrasound of the baby and the birth defect markers they look for that usually showup on ultrasound all looked good. They didn't see anything of concern, but we will know for sure when all the results are in in 7-10 days.
This shows the foot and leg bone, arm and hand and top of head and part of face (looking down on baby)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment