I have MANY more pictures to add to this....
We really enjoyed our food and took lots of pictures of it! I texted many pictures of the great food back home to Mark. Yes, I was rubbing it in, but he does that to me when he is on business trips and eating at fancy restaurants! On Thursday, we drove over to Charleston to eat and shop. The parking is a mess down on King St. where we spent the day.
We found a spot in a parking lot that was $1 an hour and you could only get a ticket for 2 hours at a time. We ended up walking back three times during the day to put change in the machine. I set my alarm on my phone each time so we would not forget. It's a good thing too, because two hours flies by fast when you are finding some great items in J Crew. :) (Christy, I copied what you wrote...I have forgotten the details!)
We ate at a little place called Caviar & Bananas. It was similar to The Market that used to be at Pinnacle Hills. It was really neat and appeared to be popular with all the college kids. I felt old and fat! But, that didn't keep me from eating :)
Christy had a grilled chicken breast salad and a peanut butter and jelly cupcake. I had a lobster salad and a red velvet cupcake. The food was so good!
I really liked Charleston. It was a neat city, at least this part of the city was neat! These are all little shops lining the street. We saw many college students riding bikes up and down the street. Would be a neat place to go to college.
On Saturday, Chris' parents kept Ian, Lia and Ali so that Christy and I could go over to Savanna, GA for the day. I really loved it there. I had no idea how beautiful that city is. The trees are amazing. I really liked all the parks the city has. There is a park on every corner.
A Riverboat on River Street and the cobblestone roads. So pretty.
There was a candy shop on every corner...it seemed :)

The City Market.

My kids would have loved the way the police patrol the city.

We walked so much and our feet hurt so bad that we had to sit down and take a break.



There were some beautiful architecture.




We ate a "The Lady and Sons" which is Paula Dean's restaurant. When we got to Savannah at 10:30 in the morning, Christy was so smart to suggest we see if we can get on the waitlist for this restaurant. They were already so booked and we couldn't get in until 2:30. It was so worth waiting for. The food was incredible Southern food. One of my favorite things they made was the appetizer of a pancake with a cheese biscuit on top. They told us to put Maple syrup on top of both and eat them together. Oh SO good!!! I can't even tell you how good that was. Something so simple, yet so wonderful!

Christy and I with Paula Dean herself! ;)


The trees are already starting to bloom there. The weather was just beautiful!!! Wish it was like that here.

A Riverboat on River Street and the cobblestone roads. So pretty.
The City Market.
We walked so much and our feet hurt so bad that we had to sit down and take a break.
There were some beautiful architecture.
We ate a "The Lady and Sons" which is Paula Dean's restaurant. When we got to Savannah at 10:30 in the morning, Christy was so smart to suggest we see if we can get on the waitlist for this restaurant. They were already so booked and we couldn't get in until 2:30. It was so worth waiting for. The food was incredible Southern food. One of my favorite things they made was the appetizer of a pancake with a cheese biscuit on top. They told us to put Maple syrup on top of both and eat them together. Oh SO good!!! I can't even tell you how good that was. Something so simple, yet so wonderful!
Christy and I with Paula Dean herself! ;)
The trees are already starting to bloom there. The weather was just beautiful!!! Wish it was like that here.
No comments:
Post a Comment