Sunday, July 10, 2011

7 year old State Runner Up

Cooper was on the 7 year old All Star team for Springdale this summer. He learned so much and made some great new friends. After many, many baseball practices, the 7 year old All Stars went to the state tournament in Van Burean, Arkansas. The tournament lasted all weekend and was so miserably hot!! It was 105 degrees down there. Those little boys were real troopers! They played 2 games on Friday, one game on Saturday (waited around literally ALL day to find out that we didn't have to play again until Sunday) :(, then played 3 games on Sunday. The first game on Sunday, Cooper made so many great plays. He even hit another walkoff home run to win the game and they announced his name as the MVP. He tried really hard not to smile, but he was SO excited!! We won our first two games on Sunday and made it to the championship game against Van Buren Black's 7 year old team. We got beat in the championship. But, second place was a GREAT accomplishment!! I am so proud of those little boys. Cooper loves baseball and I see weekends at the ballpark in our future for many more years. :) I have never been a person who yells at ballgames, or even pays attention to what is going on. However, I jumped and yelled and got nervous and bit my fingernails during these ballgames. When your kid is playing, it's a whole different story! :)



Waiting for their trophies.
I think we may need to get a trophy shelf ;)
Checking out what the trophies say.
State Runner Up!


Great group of little ball players. So much fun. Thanks to the great coaches. They taught those boys a lot and were very patient.


One last huddle.
Sad to say goodbye...

1 comment:

Christy Murphy said...

Way to go Cooper!! Great job!